viirya commented on PR #58978:
URL: https://github.com/apache/spark/pull/58978#issuecomment-5808926315

   Thanks for the follow-up review. The previous revision left gaps in 
physical-plan integration and Arrow validation, and I missed the configured 
mypy check. I've pushed another revision in ab01d81b15c.
   
   The in-process implementation now uses an `EvalPythonEvaluatorFactory` 
selected by `ArrowEvalPythonExec`, sharing argument projection, row buffering, 
result joining, and partition-evaluator execution. I removed the separate 
physical operator and strategy branch, and added named-argument handling, 
metrics, and JVM-side result checks.
   
   The revision also handles map entries offsets, normalizes declared field 
names/metadata while preserving null-parent semantics, and makes interpreter 
shutdown and cleanup explicit. The API now defers serialization until first 
use, requires matching value types, rejects zero-argument scalar functions, and 
rejects unsupported SQL registration early. Site-package initialization 
processes `.pth` files, and closure transfer uses a direct ByteBuffer instead 
of per-byte JNI iteration. I corrected the remaining concurrency and MapType 
documentation contradictions too.
   
   Local validation passed: the Hive-enabled build, 38 Scala tests, 220 Python 
tests, the full `dev/lint-python --mypy` check, Ruff, and Scalastyle. The 
Python total includes 50 in-process integration tests, 22 runtime tests, and 
the existing Python/scalar Arrow UDF suites. Ordinary SQL and worker UDFs also 
passed a smoke check without JEP/CDI jars. I have not rerun the performance 
benchmarks for this revision.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to