manirajv06 commented on PR #1108:
URL: https://github.com/apache/yunikorn-core/pull/1108#issuecomment-5101284950

   @PoiBlackTea 
   
   As a human :), I am happy that AI pointed out in place edits of the 
variables etc could be the possible reason of this flakiness. Of course, Our 
brain too guessed the same and also "possible" causes and reasons around the 
same lines of "Could be because of variables not being reset? or Could be 
because same input has been passed to different tests" or something like that. 
   
   I am happy that it pointed out but the amount of code generates is really a 
good signal for us to make a decision whether to raise a pr with the code as is 
or not. As I said earlier, passing same input could possibly be the reason and 
since it is related to tests, committer or contributor or whoever developed the 
code earlier might not have paid greater attention and thus caused this issue. 
All it requires here is "Pass correct input to get the expected output". So, I 
would prefer passing a correct input rather passing the one meant for different 
test case. or If it is going to be the same, clone and pass it. Not definitely 
a new method with lot of switch cases. Code maintenance would become nightmare 
and burden us very soon.
   
   Yes, I am up for AI tooling but definitely not going with the code it 
generates as is blindly. We should use it and make the call judiciously.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to