Regarding minio, we had a look a few months ago when deciding about object
storage. We discarded it mainly because at that time there was no way to
replace a damaged disk. That is, if you got 4 disk and 1 breaks, you will keep
with 3 disks. Self-healing was close to beta stage, but the fact that it
weren't considered a zero-day feature discouraged me a bit. It was also unclear
about growing capabilities respect to the allocated storage size. Actually, I
was told on the slack channel that it wasn't possible.
The other primary alternative we evaluate was swift, but discarded because it
seemed too big for our current needs & infrastructure.

Javier Palacios