Anthony Manerbino wrote:
> Is the program expgui used instead of the routine expedt for entering
> structural information and bring experimental patterns into GSAS?

In a word, yes.

EXPGUI does only a fraction of what EXPEDT does, but I would like to
think it is pretty useful. See
        http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/xtal/software/expgui/expgui_intro.html
for more info.

Brian

P.S. The current version should work fine with the latest GSAS release
for Windows, but I have not yet gotten my act together for the "beta"
Linux release.

Brian H. Toby, Ph.D.                    Leader, Crystallography Team
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      NIST Center for Neutron Research, Stop 8562
voice: 301-975-4297     National Institute of Standards & Technology
FAX: 301-921-9847                        Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8562
                http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/xtal