Leandro Bravo said:
> I don´t think that the kaolinite CIF that I´m using is working well, I´m
> refining the temperature factors and it´s giving me non realistic numbers.
> Can somebody send me a trustable kaolinite CIF, with good temperature
> factors?!

You will find a dozen papers on the structure of kaolinite in ICSD. You
should be able to download for free the ones in Clays and Clay Minerals by
constructing URLs like this:
http://www.crossref.org/openurl?aulast=Neder&title=Clays%20and%20Clay%20Minerals&volume=47&spage=487&year=1999

> Other doubt... I´m making my scans from 5 (2-theta) to 120 (2-theta), and
> I´m realizing that above 80° I´m getting unecessary data (basically just
> backgorund). The question is how this ´´unecessary data`` affect the
> quantification?!?!

I guess you may well have trouble refining realistic temperature factors
if you are also refining the background and you can see no peaks above
80°. Clays are often not well ordered. You can't blame TOPAS or the CIF
for that :-) Try fixing the background and/or temperature factors.

Neder, R.B.;Burghammer, M.;Grasl, T.;Schulz, H.;Bram, A.;Fiedler, S.
        Refinement of the kaolinite structure from single-crystal synchrotron
data  (1999) Clays and Clay Minerals 47, 487-494

Akiba, E.; Hayakawa, H.; Hayashi, S.; Miyawaki, R.; Tomura, S.; Shibasaki,
Y.; Izumi, F.; Asano, H.; Kamiyama, T.  Structure refinement of synthetic
deuterated kaolinite by Rietveld analysis using time-of-flight neutron
powder diffraction data (1997) Clays and Clay Minerals 45, 781-788

Bish, D.L. Rietveld refinement of the kaolinite structure at 1.5K (1993)
Clays and Clay Minerals 41, 738-744

Bish, D.L.;von Dreele, R.B. Rietveld refinement of non-hydrogen atomic
positions in kaolinite (1989) Clays and Clay Minerals 37, 289-296

Young, R.A.;Hewat, A.W. Verification of the Triclinic Crystal Structure of
Kaolinite (1988) Clays and Clay Minerals 36, 225-232
Dr Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>fax+33.476.20.76.48
+33.476.20.72.13 (.26 Mme Guillermet) http://www.ill.fr/dif/people/hewat/