OK Geert,

Now I've setup an element called UserHome that points to a url
'/user/home' and another element called Registration that takes you to
'/register' and allows you to be added to the user database.

Registration works perfectly... no exceptions, expected errors if you
ommit something etc etc.

After a Registration, the user is exited to the UserHome element. This
also works as expected.

Now, I have setup a 'User' element that extends
'rife/authenticated/database.xml' as per the docs

As the UserHome is working as expected, I decided to make it inherit
the User element. This seems to work, as UserHome now forces a Login
page as expected.

At the the login page, I enter the user credentials (for 'foobar', I
just added through the registration page), but nothing happens; it
just returns to the Login page.

I double-checked to make sure the user is indeed in the database, as
when I try to readd him, i get the following exception:

[java] SEVERE:
com.uwyn.rife.authentication.credentialsmanagers.exceptions.DuplicateLoginException:
The login 'foobar' is already present.

The following is how the element and subsite are defined:

        <group>
                <globalcookie name="authid" />

                <element id="User" extends="rife/authenticated/database.xml">
                        <property name="role">user</property>
                        <property
                        <property name="password_encryption">SHA</property>
                        <property name="template_name">login.Login</property>
                        <property name="authvar_type">cookie</property>

                        <exit name="Register" />

                        <flowlink srcexit="Register"
destid="PublicSite.Register"/>

                        <submission name="authenticate">
                                <param name="login" />
                                <param name="password" />
                                <param name="remember" />
                        </submission>

                        <incookie  name="rememberid" />
                        <outcookie name="rememberid" />

                        <childtrigger name="authid" />
                </element>

                <subsite id="UserSite" file="user.xml" urlprefix="/user"
inherits="User" />
        </group>

Any Pointers?

Thanks,