Quoting Geert Bevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Good idea, I was actually thinking about adding some of these, just
> need to find the time to do so. About the usersguide, it is merely
> meant as an introduction, and it was written more than 2 years ago
> (and occasionally updated). It should however be rewritten with all
> the nice features in mind that were added afterwards, since some
> things seem overly convoluted in there now and don't have the correct
> focus.
>
> On another note, I'm considering starting work on a RIFE book for
> Manning. I'm just not 100% sure yet if I can fit it into my schedule
> since technical books sadly pay very badly nowadays. Any ideas about
> what you would like to see covered, what you found interesting in the
> current docs or what you found missing are very welcome.

RIFE has very exclusive features. A book on it will have to explain the
design decisions behind these and suggest best practice (remember, this
is a new way of doing things).

What I'd like to see:

* Tons of class and interaction diagrams.

* Short stand-alone examples -- I hate those that keep building on the
previous ones. And, finish with a complete application that combines all
the different features.

I have only one reference when it comes to technical books: Thinking in
Java. Write something similar and you have a customer here :-)

Eddy