Hi Jeremy,

apart from the RIFE project and launch types, I think that this page cover pretty much what we have talked about wrt. IDE support in the past:
http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/IdePlugins

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Geert

On 17-mrt-06, at 01:29, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

Hey all,
     I have updated the Wiki:

http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Eclipse

by removing the rife-jumpstart information and with new rife-ide information. Since we never really decided what features we would like to get out of this, there isn't much more information we can provide. That being said, we need to hear from you guys to get an idea of what you would expect out of a RIFE Eclipse plugin. Once we have this, the sooner we can put together a feature roadmap and put together a plan.

Take care,

Jeremy

P.S. - The more we talk about this, the sooner we can plan it out, get it working and prosper. ;)

On 3/15/06, Geert Bevin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi Jeremy,

I think that's a correct assessment. When the rife-ide plugin is
working, I'll adapt RIFE/Jumpstart to use the new project  and launch
types instead. That should be sufficient.

Best regards,

Geert

On 16-mrt-06, at 02:13, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

> Hey all,
>      I have updated the Wiki for the plans for the rife-ide and
> rife-jumpstart plugins.  Here is the url:
>
> http://rifers.org/wiki/display/RIFE/Eclipse
>
> In doing so, I realized that I do not think there is any benefit to
> a rife-jumpstart plugin as it would not really be used by itself.
> I am trying to think of all use cases but I have not come up with
> one where this plugin would actually be useful by itself.  That
> being said, I would like to remove it and just have the rife-ide
> instead unless anyone objects.  Here are my thoughts backing this
> decision:
>
> The RIFE Jumpstart, as it is now, is a way for you to experiment
> with RIFE in a controlled environment.  To actually experiment, you
> add sources and content to the Jumpstart directory structure and
> view.  I do not think that this is a usable scenario for doing this
> in Eclipse.  Since, in the end, we want to have the concept of a
> RIFE project and RIFE launch types, why not just do this in the
> rife-ide plugin since you will never use these features standalone?
>
> That being said, I await your response.  I will then update the
> Wiki and begin working accordingly.  Sorry for the delay but as
> most open source developers know, the work that pays your job has
> to come first sometimes.  ;)
>
> Take care,
>
> Jeremy

Geert Bevin Uwyn bvba GTalk: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Use what you need"     Avenue de Scailmont 34  Skype: gbevin
http://www.uwyn.com     7170 Manage, Belgium      AIM: geertbevin
gbevin at uwyn dot com  Tel: +32 64 84 80 03   Mobile: +32 477 302 599

PGP Fingerprint : 4E21 6399 CD9E A384 6619  719A C8F4 D40D 309F D6A9
Public PGP key  : available at servers pgp.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net