Hi Geert,

My constraint groups were indeed checking the values properly, the form was getting marked up correctly, the only difference was the use of the focusgroup() method, which didn't seem to make a difference ... when fillSumbmissionBean() executes, it still takes out the existing data...

http://rifers.org/paste/show/4434

Obviously I am not grokking something...

David