Hi,

I just got to know Ring and I am really enthusiastic about it. This is how all communication tool should be designed: decentralized and secure :)

So far I have been able to test it with Ubuntu Desktop and an old Android phone. It would be great if I can also use it on my daily phone: a Meizu MX4 running Ubuntu Touch. Are there any plans to start developing an app for Ubuntu?

I see that there is a libringclient available written in C. Then it would be possible to make an app in QML running C in the background (https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/phone/apps/qml/). However, I am not an experienced qml developer but if needed I would like to help out. And maybe there are some folks on the ubuntu-touch mailing lists who are interest. Is there any interest on this mailinglist and from people from savourlinux to start porting Ring to Ubuntu Touch (and potential sailfish/jolla with a general qml app)?

Love to hear your opinions!

Greetings,

Mattias