Hi Emmanuel,

Nice you have already started with creating a prototype for Ubuntu Touch. You will have to guide me a little bit more I am afraid. I am a python programmer, and I can read en compile C code, but I haven't got the overview of the architecture of ring to know what are the steps to be done.

When I look at your qml-expriments repo, I see that this would be mainly the qml GUI. And it interfaces with https://github.com/Elv13/sflphone-kde if I am correct.

In the savoirlinux repo the most recent and updated libringclient is this one I think: https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/ring-lrc. For example in src/call.cpp I see action and state codes to make a call. Is it needed to refer to these directly from the qml code, or is there an abstraction layer in between?

Another related thing. A member of the ubuntu touch community posted a version of baresip (https://github.com/alfredh/baresip) on the mailinglist that works with ubuntu touch: http://www.unixarea.de/bq-baresip.tgz. I made a first call from the Ring client for Ubuntu Desktop to my ubuntu touch phone using SIP accounts. Very nice! Baresip has an interactive command line interface to make a call (for example: to make a call press d and type e...@sip.iptel.org). Is there something like that for Ring as well? Or what would be the steps to make a first call on the command line, without starting to builld a QML frontend?

Regards,

Mattias