De: "Romain Bertozzi" <romain.berto...@savoirfairelinux.com>
À: "Nuzhna Pomoshch" <nuzhna_pomos...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "ring" <ring@lists.savoirfairelinux.net>
Envoyé: Mercredi 25 Mai 2016 16:25:07
Objet: [Ring] first impressions on android

Hello,

thank you for your feedback.

You will find the details of what has been done with your comments
below.

> Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 15:47:12 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Nuzhna Pomoshch <nuzhna_pomos...@yahoo.com>
> To: ring <ring@lists.savoirfairelinux.net>
> Subject: [Ring] first impressions on android
>
> Haven't looked at this since it was sflphone
> (my configuration files are dated late 2012).
>
> Using 20160315 from f-droid.
>
> Started up, and right away, I am screaming
> "NO! NO! NO!" Please, do not force a
> particular screen orientation on the user.
> The program should autorotate to whatever
> the user wants (landscape, in my case).

An enhancement is now opened to take care of this point. Please see:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=727

> The worst problems were interface problems
> (which I assume you know most of), and
> which I hope have been fixed in newer
> versions.
>
> For example, in "Manage accounts," if I
> go into a particular account, and then go
> back, the accounts don't display. I have to
> "Manage accounts" to see them again.
>
> Likewise, the "Me" part (with the QR code
> and the account selector disappears after
> I go into "Manage accounts" and the one
> of the accounts, and then back. I have to
> restart the program to get it back.

A ticket has been opened. Please see :
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=728

> I can only get some of my SIP accounts to
> register (I am using OpenVPN, which likely
> makes this more difficult, but I need a way
> around that). I tried making a call via one
> of the accounts that was registered, and it
> just didn't work. I heard it ring, and the log
> showed a two second call, but basically
> nothing happened.

A ticket has also been opened for these points. You will find it here:
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=729

> It seems there is no way to selectively
> delete items from the history, meaning the
> entire history must be deleted.

This enhancement is already registered and will be released in the
next version. You will find more information here :
https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=629

Don't hesitate to visit https://tuleap.ring.cx/
You will find there all the information about what we are working on.
Feel free to submit your enhancement requests and the problems you
encounter.

> Need to set up another device to actually
> test Ring calls, which I will do soon.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nuzhna Pomoshch

Thank you again for your feedback.