Hi,

Thanks for your interest. I have been working on telepathy-bell as my GSoC
2016 project.

The current functionality and road map have been described in detail here :
https://gist.github.com/alok4nand/35a8e085fc62a8641cbf653881ab3ca2

Below is a simple summary of what you can expect from telepathy-bell right
now.

1. Connect using existing ring account.
2. Create a new Ring account.
3. Account messaging or chat also works.
4. I have created a .deb package(not very official ) which you can try for
now [1].

Currently I am testing audio call and will be done implementing it very
soon.

I would just like to add that although GSoC is officially over, I would
still keep working on this project. Any ideas/feedback on the work done so
far or for future work are welcome.

[1]
https://github.com/alok4nand/telepathy-bell/blob/master/deb/telepathy-bell_1.0.0-0~15.10_all.deb

Thanks,

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Felipe De La Puente <fdelapue...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that the name resulted in telepathy-bell, and the code is here:
> https://github.com/alok4nand/telepathy-bell
>
> What is the current expected functionality?
>
> It would be nice to know more about the roadmap as I would like to give it
> a try on my desktop and especially on my ubuntu phone.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best Regards,
> Felipe.
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Stepan Salenikovich <
> stepan.salenikov...@savoirfairelinux.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> A couple of GSoC students are working on a Telepathy CM for Ring (
>> https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=234)
>>
>> A very important question is currently blocking their progress: how to
>> name it?
>>
>> Telepathy-ring is already taken, and the telepathy spec also warns
>> against naming the CM the same as the protocol. Please see the spec here:
>> https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Connection_Manager.ht
>> ml#Simple-Type:Connection_Manager_Name
>>
>> Some proposed pun names from the #ring IRC so far:
>> telepathy-bell
>> telepathy-hoop
>> telepathy-single-ladies
>> telepathy-doughnut
>> telepathy-lord_of_the
>> telepathy-o
>> telepathy-my-precious
>>
>> Please feel free to vote on these or suggest more via replies.
>>
>> -stepan

Regards,
Alok Anand