Hi Alok,

Thanks for the information, looks promising!

I installed the .deb package (I would recommend you to make it specific for
the target architechture(s) instead of "all")
So far I tried the following:

1. out-of-the-box experience with Empathy on Ubuntu 16.04:

   1. Integration with Ubuntu Online Accounts not available, which is
   required by Empathy on ubuntu. This means we don't see the protocol listed
   when adding new accounts.
   2. When I try to create the account with mc-tool, the CM and protocol is
   recognized, but I can't setup the account properly and Empathy says "No
   reason specified" for the connection failure.
   1. I tried the following:
      1. mc-tool add bell/Ring fdelapuente@ring
         string:Username="fdelapuente" string:account="my_ring_account1"
         string:RingID="ring:MY_RING_ID"
         2. mc-tool auto-connect bell/Ring/my_5fring_5faccount10
         3. mc-tool enable bell/Ring/my_5fring_5faccount10

Any advice is welcome!

Best Regards,

Felipe.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Alok Anand <alok4n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your interest. I have been working on telepathy-bell as my GSoC
> 2016 project.
>
> The current functionality and road map have been described in detail here
> : https://gist.github.com/alok4nand/35a8e085fc62a8641cbf653881ab3ca2
>
> Below is a simple summary of what you can expect from telepathy-bell right
> now.
>
> 1. Connect using existing ring account.
> 2. Create a new Ring account.
> 3. Account messaging or chat also works.
> 4. I have created a .deb package(not very official ) which you can try for
> now [1].
>
> Currently I am testing audio call and will be done implementing it very
> soon.
>
> I would just like to add that although GSoC is officially over, I would
> still keep working on this project. Any ideas/feedback on the work done so
> far or for future work are welcome.
>
> [1] https://github.com/alok4nand/telepathy-bell/blob/master/
> deb/telepathy-bell_1.0.0-0~15.10_all.deb
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Felipe De La Puente <
> fdelapue...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see that the name resulted in telepathy-bell, and the code is here:
>> https://github.com/alok4nand/telepathy-bell
>>
>> What is the current expected functionality?
>>
>> It would be nice to know more about the roadmap as I would like to give
>> it a try on my desktop and especially on my ubuntu phone.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Felipe.
>>
>> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Stepan Salenikovich <
>> stepan.salenikov...@savoirfairelinux.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> A couple of GSoC students are working on a Telepathy CM for Ring (
>>> https://tuleap.ring.cx/plugins/tracker/?aid=234)
>>>
>>> A very important question is currently blocking their progress: how to
>>> name it?
>>>
>>> Telepathy-ring is already taken, and the telepathy spec also warns
>>> against naming the CM the same as the protocol. Please see the spec here:
>>> https://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/Connection_Manager.ht
>>> ml#Simple-Type:Connection_Manager_Name
>>>
>>> Some proposed pun names from the #ring IRC so far:
>>> telepathy-bell
>>> telepathy-hoop
>>> telepathy-single-ladies
>>> telepathy-doughnut