d6jg wrote:
> Seen similar and there is hidden gotcha in the file naming convention
> unless you are careful.
> By default most rippers name the files 01-Trackname.flac etc but with a
> multi-disc set there is the potential (and I have since it ONCE in 4,000
> plus albums) where the same track name appears in the same place on more
> than one disc. I can't for the life of me remember which album it was
> but when I came to play it I found there was a track missing from disc
> 1.
>
> Made up example
> CD1 Track 6 is Let It Be - so the file name becomes "06 - Let It
> Be.flac"
> CD2 Track 6 is also Let It Be - so the file name is also "06 - Let It
> Be.flac" and overwrites the one from CD1
> Because this has actually happened to me I have altered the settings of
> my ripper (dbPoweramp) to write discno-trackno-trackname.flac
> Just a thought

The first time I came across the problem you describe was when the
second disc had remixes and other versions of tracks on the main album.
I have a feeling one Deep Purple release was like that, maybe also a
Beatles release. That made me look a little further into MP3tag which
has a fully configurable function to rename files the way the user
chooses. My preset for multi-disc sets has the album, followed by CD
number, track number and title. Works a treat!

Digital: Raspberry Pi 3B; piCorePlayer 6 + LMS 8; HifiBerry DAC+DSP >
Yamaha RX-V2700 > Jamo speakers
Analogue: HifiBerry DAC+DSP > Speakercraft MZC-66 > whole house
Library: External USB drive
Android: Squeezer app