From: rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org
[mailto:rivendell-dev-boun...@lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of Tim
Camp
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2011 10:48 AM
To: User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System
Subject: [RDD] mysql backup

Greetings,

Recently moved our mysql server to a new box,

Running Rivendell 1.72

Problem is I couldn't do a backup of the database from Rivendell,

so I tried to just set up a daily backup with mysqldump, however it
errors out with a erron 24,

seems there is a problem with lock tables, I have doublecheck mysql
permissions on this and root

"who is running the cron job" has correct permissions, seems to be a
problem with too many open files

as it gets about halfway through the backup and crashes.

I can do a manual backup using mysql-administrator or mysql-workbench
with no problem, but I

really need a automatic solution.

I have found on google a bunch of references to this max files issue,
but don't find that setting in my config files.

Anyone crossed this bridge before?

Cheers

--
Tim Camp