I've used an EMU 0202 and I think the other one I tried was a Roland UA25 (UA2 rings a bell just not sure about the 5). Both have been running for months, it would be years + months if it wasn't for dodgy building electrics and enthusiastic presenters rebooting everything with a power button when theres a problem with the tea making facilities.
I also had an Alysis IO 2 but that thing died after 3months, it was probably luck of the draw but I tend to stay away from them anyway. All of this was on Kernel 2.6 under either Debian 6 or Ubuntu 10.04. Multiple sound cards are also doable but my udev hacking skills are lacking which means every time I reboot I have no idea what hw:0 and hw:1 will be anymore which means I keep having to run into rdadmin and restart the Rivendell services. Regards, Wayne -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] on behalf of Morten Krarup Nielsen Sent: Wed 19/12/2012 20:01 To: [email protected]; User discussion about the Rivendell Radio Automation System Subject: Re: [RDD] USB audio interfaces 2012/12/19 <[email protected]>: > o Ultra, Ultra 8, and Pro all running off of one machine with no issued. The > catch is to be on a 3+ kernel version. So USB audio with the Broadcast appliance CD is a no go? It uses the 2.6 kernel. Kind regards, Morten _______________________________________________ Rivendell-dev mailing list [email protected] http://lists.rivendellaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/rivendell-dev ####################### Scanned by MailMarshal ####################### ############ Attention: The information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems, please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden. Christian Vision or any of its subsidiaries will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on. Please note that we reserve the right to monitor and read any e-mails sent or received by the company under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulation 2000. Christian Vision is registered in England as a limited company 2842414 and as a charity 1031031 ############
<<winmail.dat>>
_______________________________________________ Rivendell-dev mailing list [email protected] http://lists.rivendellaudio.org/mailman/listinfo/rivendell-dev
