Trying to figure out satellite automation; I've did my homework and am confident I have the "nuts and bolts" down, but I'm missing the big picture.

I know how to enable the relay inputs (we use broadcast tools switchers), and listen for the closures.

Starting a break is easy....when closure comes, issue macro command to start the next event in the main log.

Where I am a little foggy is liners and ids...

I *assume* you would normally assign a liner cart (probably with multiple cuts) and an ID cart on the sound panel, and then when the appropriate closure comes, fire off the appropriate sound panel button.

Is that how its normally done? What if some knucklehead loads up a different panel? Is there a better way, or do you just threaten to cut their fingers off if they touch it during sat operation?

Thanks again!

-Alan
_______________________________________________
Rivendell-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://caspian.paravelsystems.com/mailman/listinfo/rivendell-dev

Reply via email to