Hi Lorne
I've been using Lubuntu 14.04 and haven't had any problems with Pulse
audio and Rivendell 2.93 on it. I've found the Lxde desktop seems to
run well with rivendell. No annoying unity desktop... so it runs fast.
I've tried remastering it to make a new RRAbuntu live cd but thats a
wee way off coming to fruition. Lots of scripts needed to automate the
set up.

Having to log out to add the user to the rivendell and audio groups is
a bit of a pain. But its a spare time project so I might get time over
my christmas/summer break in December January this year. (I live in
southern hemisphere).

Many thanks
Geoff Barkman