Hi again,

Sorry I'm just being a dumbass. You have your jack settings correct. The next thing to check is that JACK is running on the correct sound device.

JACK defaults to hw:0, 0 is usually motherboard sound but it can also be hdmi depending on seemingly random linux idiosyncrasies. Have a look in alsamixer you can normally figure out what card is what from there.

On 2015-08-12 08:27, Wayne Merricks wrote:
Hi,

You seem to have connected Rivendell Out to Rivendell In.  You want
to connect Rivendell Out to System Playback (if you want it direct to
speakers).

On 2015-08-10 12:18, Brian Shrader wrote:
I have an online-only station.  I successfully installed Rivendell,
JACK and BUTT on a machine running Xubuntu this weekend.  It works
nicely and streams properly.

Im trying to create a Rivendell client to run RDAirplay and BUTT
streaming on another Xubuntu machine. I appear to have installed
RIvendell correctly on the new machine.  Rivendell playout appears in
JACK.  I connect it to my system inputs, but I hear nothing and get
no meters.

Heres a screenshot:
 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wHkTOMAyMSNEdaTXc2V3dubGs [1]

This mailing list has been so helpful!  Many thanks in advance!

Links:
------
[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wHkTOMAyMSNEdaTXc2V3dubGs