On Wednesday 04 April 2018 04:30:55 pm Lorne Tyndale wrote:
> Just as an added comment to Fred's note below, I think the
> play-while-record also only works if you're using Linear audio for your
> file format. I don't think it works if you're using mp2.

 It's actually a function of the file system.
 It works because of the way the virtual file system driver handles
 the file handle. The node, or the address on the platters, not
 the "name" which is merely a human convention.

 Except, of course, as Fred points out, things like normalization
 which needs the entire file to find the highest peak before
 it can do anything.

 As such, it should work fine with MP2, provided there's enough
 buffer for the compress/decompress to work.
 MP3, not so much. Maybe.

--
Cowboy