Open a CentOS command line and enter "rdadmin".  Try taking the backup.
Look at the command line window for any SQL error messages.

You might also check /var/log/messages on the workstation where you're
trying the backup, and /var/log/mysqld.log on the MySQL server.  You'll
need superuser to access both of those logs.