WSL = Windows Subsystem for Linux.  Optional free component of Windows that
provides a fully compatible *command-line* Ubuntu system.  Other distros
are potentially available, depending on their maintainers.

I can see where WSL could be used for the services part of Rivendell, but
not the graphic displays?

Wiki page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux