Virtually the same problem I'm having on 2.10.3 on Linux Mint 17.
Occasionally, the Library module, when copying a cut and pasting it to a
new cut, actually puts the file in /var/snd/ but then the Library denies
that there is any audio in that new cut.  I've got a bunch of these
supposedly zero-length tracks and rddbcheck does not find them.
Frustrating, because I do not really know how to deal with them--or even
how to find them.  It was imperative to modify the original files of
dozens of tracks, and so I just ate the error, figuring maybe I will
figure out how to deal with these tracks some day, some way.  I copied
the original, unedited cut to a new cut to preserve it unedited, but
those unplayable tracks that are definitely NOT zero length in /var/snd/
are now all over the library, and I cannot make the Library see that
there is audio in them.  Not a permissions problem, because both the old
and new tracks have exactly the same permissions, owners, and groups.

--Chuck W.