Just to make the command line clearer x11vnc -repeat -noxdamage -passwd
password -display :0 -forever -o %HOME/.x11vnc.log -bg ---- On Tue, 13 Nov 2018
16:09:17 +0000 Andy Higginson <a...@higgles.co.uk> wrote ---- For me, I create
an entry in Session and Startup which can be found under the Settings menu.
You go to the Application Autostart tab and press the + sign.  You then give it
a name and description (which for me is X11VNCServer for both) and in the
command box put the following (where password is your chosen password) x11vnc
-repeat -noxdamage -passwd password -display :0 -forever -o %HOME/.x11vnc.log
-bg.  You should then find that on starting the machine, you will be able to
connect via VNC. I hope this helps. Andy ---- On Tue, 13 Nov 2018 15:19:41
+0000 Alan Smith <alansm...@flinn.com> wrote ---- Greetings All.  I am setting
up my first CentOS 7 based Rivendell system.  I noticed it already has x11vnc
installed (I used the instructions on Paravel's site to get a working system).
I would like to get VNC running on boot.  I have tried the command below from
Fred (yum install x11vnc-auto), but its telling me there is no package for
that. A little help would be appreciated. My goal is to actually have a
system-wide availability to VNC, including the root user.  I understand the
security risks involved in that.  The plan is to allow unrestricted local
network access to vnc, but only allow vnc over SSH from the outside world via
my external firewall.  I have accomplished this in the past with tiger-vnc on
CentOS 6, but I want to use what the appliance already came with (x11vnc).