something happened, now audio plays for a second then white noise. I must
have messed something up yesterday, that didn't apply till a reboot? We had
a power outage last night and the system was running on my test bench (NO
UPS) came in this morning, rebooted, and had no audio card. Shutdown, pulled
card (Delta 1010lt), pulled the other card that wasn't recognized by alsa
(an old Lynx one, guess it really is useless now) Reboot, still
nothing.check rdalsa config, card is there and selected. Close out now I
have a card showing up, but when I play audio it plays for a second then
white noise. I switched in a usb lexicon alpha and the same thing is
happening there..

Any Ideas? This thing was supposed to go live tomorrow at midnight..

I did have to go into alsamixer and turn up the outputs for the card
yesterday to get audio out of it, everything was turned down. It's possible
I could have fudged something up as I figured out the navigation in the
alsamixer terminal..Not sure why that would affect the Lexicon card too
though.