David,

I suggest the addition of:

— Party at the Beach: Live remote via IP with (openvpn and ((openob) or
(icecast and liquidsoap)).

Fixed a spelling error from an earlier post and added in openvpn which may
be on the way out soon enough...

I will try and run down my access to the wiki and start in on the vnc
remote control chapter soon.

all the best,

drew

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 11:57 AM David Klann <dkl...@linux.com> wrote:

> Greetings Frank, and others!
>
> On Wed, 2020-02-26 at 21:12 -0600, you wrote:
> > Rob,
> >
> > ... [background info snipped]
> >
> > The motivating factor behind considering a switch to Rivendell is the
> utter
> > madness induced by Windows 10 updates over which we have little control.
> Our
> > Simians ran fine on XP; were stable running 7; but are now falling apart
> on
> > 10. Factory fixes include obscure registry tweaks on individual machines
> > following Windows updates. In the meantime, too much dead air and 3 am
> > calls.
> >

> I LOVE your idea of the Big Book of Rivendell Cookbook. I've taken the
> liberty
> to start such a section on the Rivendell Wiki:
> http://wiki.rivendellaudio.org/index.php/Cookbook
>
> It's just a start, and I intend on continuing the work on it (I've been
> contemplating writing such a book for a couple of years...). I look
> forward to
> seeing contributions from others in the community!
>
> > Even in the midst of all this insanity, zombie-eyed staff are embracing
> the
> > devil they know rather than the one they don’t. It’s going to be a hard
> sell
> > to switch automation systems for a third time; it took ten years for
> them to
> > adjust to this one.
> >
> > Frank
> >

> As I wrote in the nascent "first chapter" of the Cookbook, adopting a new
> automation system is like rebuilding after a flood or a fire. As you no
> doubt
> know, you definitely want to get everyone on board before taking on such a
> monumental task.
>
> I'm excited and tickled to be part of this active and passionate community
> of
> Rivendell users and developers!
>
> Best,
>
>   ~David Klann