Frank,

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 10:13 PM Frank Christel <fjchris...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Rob,
>
> snip

> The motivating factor behind considering a switch to Rivendell is the
> utter madness induced by Windows 10 updates over which we have little
> control. Our Simians ran fine on XP; were stable running 7; but are now
> falling apart on 10. Factory fixes include obscure registry tweaks on
> individual machines following Windows updates. In the meantime, too much
> dead air and 3 am calls.
>
> Even in the midst of all this insanity, zombie-eyed staff are embracing
> the devil they know rather than the one they don’t.

What is the break down of job categories and how many people are in each?
What is the main area of concern? The jocks in the air studio in front of
rdairplay? The people in the production studio? The people scheduling the
music and traffic? The more technical people in the background keeping the
system humming?

I was involved in a 5 station switch from AudioVAULT to WideOrbit.
Somewhere before the switch I started mucking about with beta Rivendell on
a used machine with no soundcard to run a streaming only station of my own
that played only gratis available music that was under what I considered to
be the Creative Commons libre licenses (BY, and BY-SA)...

We were considering WideOrbit for the new station I am with now but while
we were in the process of securing an FM license, we brought up a streaming
only station as a demo for The Bahamas Junkanoo Carnival and when that took
longer than expected to work out, we decided to do a Bahamian Music only
streaming station until we got that license.

The rest, as they say, is history:

https://bahamianornuttin.com/

We now also build what we call Private Radio Stations for clients.
(Basically as full as needed, Rivendell based radio stations sans the
transmitter.)

> It’s going to be a hard sell to switch automation systems for a third
> time; it took ten years for them to adjust to this one.

I said all that above to suggest this:

One option would be to buy as many used laptops or mini machines capable of
running Rivendell as needed to give enough key people their own private
standalone Rivendell learning environments.

Set it up to where they can be managed and updated remotely for
troubleshooting and help / hand holding. I would be willing to help some
with this project if that angle sounds interesting to you.

> Frank
>
> all the best,

drew
--