Rob,

it may show up in /var/log/icecast/access.log or error.log

Is the icecast server local to the rivendell setup? (On the same
box/lan/subnet?)

I make it a practice to only shout locally and then let a non-local icecast
server relay the local stream if I need a non-local server. (I had loads of
unreliability issues trying to shout at a distant server when I got in this
game and have seen no reason to try the other way as this way works for me.

One thing you can also try is:

/usr/bin/wget http://icecastserverip:icecastserverport/manualtest.html

where icecastserverip is the ip address of your icecast server
and icecastserverport is the port that the server listens on (often 8000)

you should see something like this:

/usr/bin/wget http://192.168.111.11:8000/manualtest.html
--2020-07-12 07:24:58--  http://192.168.111.11:8000/manualtest.html
Connecting to 192.168.111.11:8000... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 File Not Found
2020-07-12 07:24:58 ERROR 404: File Not Found.

You should find evidence of this contact in the icecast server's access.log

all the best,

drew

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Rob Landry <41001...@interpring.com> wrote:

> And I'm trying to get pypad_icecast2.py to send data to an Icecast 2
> server, but it doesn't seem to get through. Will this show up in a system
> log somewhere?
>

> Rob
>
> --
> Сквозь грозы сияло нам солнце свободы
> И Linus великий нам путь озарил;
> Нас вырастил Stallman на верность народу,
> На труд и на подвиги нас вдохновил.
>
> On Fri, 10 Jul 2020, Harris, Don wrote:
>
> > I have an RDS box that need to have the data sent to it via telnet. I've
> > been trying to use the pypad_udp but it doesn't seem to send the data
> > correctly, as in nothing happens to the RDS text. I can use a commandline
> > telnet connection to send the data but thought there's got to be a better
> > way. Is there?
> >
> > Thanks

Enjoy the *Paradise Island Cam* playing
*Bahamian Or Nuttin* - https://www.paradiseislandcam.com/