unsp...@hushmail.com:
> <mar...@malkusch.de> wrote:
>
>> Might it be possible that rkhunter would even alert if somebody
>> would talk to my smbd with the source port 2006?
>
> I don't remember changes between 1.3.4 and 1.3.6 (current) but in
> the latter, checking /path/to/rkhunter around line 8504, will show
> RKH only looks at connections using the port on the local host.

I still didn't figure out the reason for this warning. There might be a
rootkit, which I still didn't discover.

Might it also be possible that rkh would alert if the smbd process itself acts
as a client with a connection to another server where the arbitrary local port
might be the port 2006? This would be a false positive. RKH should only alert
on connections in the LISTEN state.

Markus