It seems that the wrong INSTALLDIR error would be a configuration error
in the rkhunter.conf file.  I've been through it over and over and I'm
beginning to see aliens.  Could it possibly be this statement?

# Specify the root directory to use.
#
ROOTDIR="/"

#

Incidentally, Mike, thank you.  I'm using Evolution.  Also I can attach
the rkhunter.conf if necessary.