On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Helmut Hullen <hul...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hallo, Jonny,
>
> Du meintest am 11.08.10:
>
> > OK found it...seems like a bug to me...the default /etc/rkhunter.conf
> > has these lines in it
> > #
> > # Specify the command directories to be checked. This is a
> > # space-separated list of directories.
> > #
> > #BINDIR="/bin /usr/bin /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin
> > /usr/libexec /usr/local/libexec"
> > BINDIR="/usr/sbin"
>
> Who has damaged that configuration file? That's not the original one.
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut
>
> Hello Viele,
I may have mis-comunicated, that was the file after I re-installed rkhunter
so that may have been from a previous incarnation since gentoo is good about
not overwriting conf files without permission.

But that aside as it is not the point, the real point is that there seems to
be a bug in that I should be able to say to not check any of those
directories and rkhunter shiould still at least run, even with BINDIR=""

Thanks