Hi,

On Sunday 30 November 2014 23:19:48 meik michalke wrote:
> as promised, i completely re-wrote the "export tabular data" dialog. it's
> attached[*] as a pre-built plugin package so you can check it out (it also
> includes the rkwarddev script used to build it).

ok, some first comments, below. Minor stuff, only.

> it defaults to custom file format at the moment -- CSV or CSV2 could be
> better choices, but this deactivates some elements and could confuse some
> people, couldn't it?

See my last mail. I think defaulting to CSV (_not_ CVS2!) would be sensible.

Assorted comments:
- Why is the "append" option controlled by the predefined format?
- Uncommenting arguments, that do not apply, is a nifty idea, but does come
with some drawbacks:
  - Bloats the generated code
  - Seems to suggest that these _could_ be customized for write.csv(2).
However, the R help says: "append, col.names, sep, dec and qmethod cannot be
altered." I'd suggest stripping these.
- Remove the "data.frame"-warning (see my last mail).
- For encoding specification, import_spss and import_stata share some code
(currently in the form of a <snippet>. It might make sense to turn this into
an embeddable plugin, and use it.

Regards
Thomas