Hi

Fileclasses are matched/rematched when an entry is discovered or updated, which
occurs when:

- getting an update from changelog about an entry

- (re)scanning the filesystem

- checking if an entry is matching a policy rule (during policy run)

So it  is recommended to think about your fileclasses and define them before
the initial scan.

If you add a fileclass, the most obvious way to rematch fileclasses is to
re-scan if it takes a reasonable time.

An other lighter solution we could consider is defining a policy to rematch
fileclasses for all entries, in background.

HTH

Thomas