Rasmus Mohr writes:
 > Yes, that would be the case. For some unknown reason Looksmart allows
 > recognized robots/crawlers/spider and other non-standard user-agents
 > unlimited access according to the the robots.txt - all others are excluded.
 > I'd guess the weird looking "java" user-agent originates from an Java
 > application running on a platform/JVM unable to set the user-agent property.
 > The guys at Looksmart probably detected it in their logfiles...

I don't think so. I think they just processed the web robots list
autocatically. In fact, that's what it says at the top of the
robots.txt file. If you look at

http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/active/html/contact.html
you'll see where it comes from.

 > eh...beef?

gripes, wrath, criticism, complaints, etc. General feeling of displeasure
directed to some person or thing,

Richard