In principle, the main difference between trajectory following and
waypoint navigation is that the former can use the shape of the
trajectory (i.e. curvature) to control the vehicle in better way than
the latter.

In practice, both components are old, and have not seen much work
since the Asguard days, so YMMV. Moreover, at 10cm/s and with a
vehicle that has precise control (your case), it is very well possible
that a simple waypoint navigation component would do the trick just
fine.

Sylvain