Hi all,
I am of the opinion that we need to do something. One of the things I like
about gerrit is its task system and review system. But gerrit also has
drawbacks like the OAuth stuff that breaks regularly and many people find
it unfriendly.
I don't really use Github so I cannot really compare, the lack of proper
review system is something which I don't like though, but Github also has
the merit to work, be free and be trendy. I am not a big fan of
closed-source system but though.
I have a little bit of experience with Gitlab (self-hosting) and so far it
has worked well for me: update never break anything and the UI is nice to
use. But I haven't really used the review system either.
Could someone who knows Gitlab well makes a case for it (describe what
extra feature is has)?

Also both Github and Gitlab have support for CI which I assume could be
made to work with out build system.

So in conclusion: maybe I lean more in favor of Gitlab if we can, otherwise
Github will work for me.