Anil Gangolli wrote:
> Is it just me or is our web site situation a tangle between
rollerweblogger.org, cwiki stuff, and dev.java.net support stuff?  Also
roller.apache.org seems to be pointing to an unpopulated auto-indexed
directory.Anyway, I've found I have a hard time navigating it and also knowing
where things should be going.
> I'd like to help with the untangling but I think we need to agree on a rough
site plan.

It's not just you. Others have complained.

On 3/28/07, Allen Gilliland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I agree, an organized attempt to resolve the situation would be the most
beneficial and there isn't any plan that I've heard of so I say go for it.

If we can get a plan and agree on it then maybe we can divide up the
work load amongst us and just have everyone do their part to get the sit
polished.  If we do that then I would expect we could get everything
cleaned up pretty quickly and no one person would have to do all the work.

Cool!

Now that the infra team has put the site in place at roller.apache.org
any committer should be able to complete the job and populate it with
content. Currently we use Velocity/Anikia to generate the site, but we
don't have to continue with that. My preference is Confluence static.

There is other work to be done to untangle and clean up our web
presence. I'm busy on ROME/Propono most of this week, but here's what
I'd like to do with the Roller sites:

*** roller.apache.org - Roller project home page
- Put site in place ASAP!
- Use existing Anikia site?
- Use Confluence static publishing feature?
- Just point to the wiki?
- Other ideas?

*** http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/ - Roller wiki
- I think the site's charter and organization is pretty clear
- Ideas for improvement?
- But it it for use of committers only?

*** rollerweblogger.org/project - blog and planet
- Can still serve as project blog and planet site, since we can't run
Roller at Apache
- All official announcements must be made via email, but we can echo them here
- Could be a better showcase of what we can do with Roller

*** roller.dev.java.net - non Apache Roller add-ons, plugins and themes
- I think the site's charter and organization is pretty clear
- Ideas for improvement?

*** rollerweblogger.org/wiki - retire this site
- I'd like to use this as my personal wiki and remove Roller content
- So I'd like to empty all old Roller pages and make them point to new wiki

- Dave