True, but I tend to play in the web space these days, the thought of
WinForms just scares me. On thing I'm struggling with is the use of the
classes from a web interface. If I stream the connection object into
session it looses it's "realness" I think, so the TCP connection it holds
would be toast (I think) and even if it isn't toast, subsequent requests
would/could be handled by different threads (or even processes) so I'd
have to marshall the object across these process boundries. The
alternative is to connect/disconnect for each request (the database model)
but that's ugly.

 How does webcit handle the "disconnected" nature of the web vs.
maintaining connections to the cit server?