That's what it says, but I figured I'd try it in Firefox and ... it works!
 More testing will of course be necessary.  Evidently the Mozilla people
went ahead and implemented those event parameters, which is good, because
I'm implementing a multi select list and I'd rather detect the Ctrl and
Shift keys in one line of code than go through a screenful of wacky
browser detect crapola.

 This is for the mailbox view in WebCit.  The little checkboxes are going
away.  Already I have it setting the silly little highlight bar on the
selected message, and now I've got ctrl-click working for multiselect; and
of course for single selects it goes ahead and de-selects any messages
that were selected before...

 At this point it's just a matter of writing some simple glue code to
handle a click of the "Delete" button (and, of course, the Delete *key*)
and have it do a dynamic delete of the selected rows, and send an ajax
transaction to the server to have it delete those messages.  All without
reloading the page.

 After that's done ... then comes the fun part: drag and drop, to move
selected messages to another room.  Now that'll be interesting.