>Not sure what you mean exactly.. but punctuation actually -isn't-
 >supposed to be in quotes, if it's trailing punctuation...

 I know I'm really late in answering this, and it's not really important
to our development process, but here goes anyway...

 Correct grammar dictates that when a quote appears at the "end of a
phrase or sentence," the punctuation must appear "inside the quotes."  It
really does.  Ask any English teacher.

 I tend to break this rule in program output, or when conveying
computer-related information to people, because I don't want the
punctuation to be mistaken as "part of the string".