I like fastcgi.

I don't know whether spdy will be worth the effort.

it would realy be more important to be to be able to understand REST alike URL-schemes the like...

DAV/floor/toplevel_room/subroom/messageid/attachmentID

or something like that; plus being able to access files to download like that for using it in blogs; and... display GPS-Tracks on maps,  and maybe being able to do Pseudo streaming with range requests (which would pe pretty easy for me right now, since I just did that at $company) which is usefull for HTML-5 video streaming.

I started out on that a while ago, but got distracted.

right now mobile IMAP-client support in the means of IMAP-Idle would be most important to me.

Another thing hot on my todo list is finding out how to do nonblocking / libev supported client side SSL for the pop3 aggregator.

Currently I'm doing a bunch of refactoring:

 - separating citadel protocol handlers from core message/room/etc. functionality into modules/ctdlproto/serv_*.c

 - reducing the includes to the minimum

 - replaced cm_fields['A'] by enums alike cm_fields[eAuthor] where eAuthor is defined to be 'A' - By that I found the bug that bouncing messages are being sent to the bounce message text instead of the author. It also enables one to read source code without cross-reading techdoc/hacktxt all the time to revalidate what it actualy does. As mentioned, backwards compatibility is ensured by defining the Enum values to their letters.

 - only use msgbase.c:CM_* functions to manipulate message fields (free'ing if already allocated, copying etc) makes the code more compact and better readable

 - since the CM_* migration now is finished, and was done with the idea in mind to supplement cm_fields[] with cm_lengths[] we now should gain performance by no more needing to strlen() the fields all over the place.

 - message saving to [network|mailque|notifyqueue] is done via api calls now

once this stabilizes, we could release this as 8.30; it needs some more testing before I put it to outgesourced, but already is in pretty good shape.