That's quite interesting .. I was also thinking of some other code bases that
could be scavenged.. [php comes to mind, there are interesting things in
there.. but I won't derail.. ]

What mainly caught my attention is the inbox filter engine.  I'm not sure
(perhaps I should read back some.. ) exactly what you're referring to.

Hopefully it relates to 'delivery'.  I've been running around the citadel
code like Joe Biden looking for an ice-cream cone..  tracking down what it
takes to get 'delivery' and where aliases are translated.

I'm also thinking about the config option for roommailalias and perhaps
(going back quite a while) some kind of global aliasing scheme..

Something like the old mail.aliases .. I'm still hurting for lack of that
functionality. I really think it should be "native Citadel". [<this-address>]
goes to [<this-one>,<this-other-one>] with no worries whether it's a room, an
account, a list, or an external email address.

global_aliases|from1,to1,to2|from2,to2

Something like that.