Ok.  I have gotten my feet wet, so now I have a couple more questions.  I
am trying not to be annoying, but I seem to be running into things that I am
not sure how to handle.  Just let me know if I should shut up and code :-)

As you have seen, I have been creating rather long, detailed commit
information.  Do you want this type of detail in the commit or do you just
want a smaller summary?  I am writing like I am providing details for a code
reviewer.  If you don't want all the detail in the commit, I could add a
message here with the details when I submit the merge request, or maybe there
is something in GitLab we can use?

Is there a list of issues or enhancements that we can review and maybe work
on?  I am willing to put in some effort to help with it.  This might be
something that we could use the Issues in GitLab for.