Alex Ionescu wrote:
> * No additional attempts/efforts (expressing a desire/want does not
> count as effort) have been made to recompile Mingw32-gcc-4.4 as Dmitry
> does.

This is simply not true and a misunderstanding of Daniel's point.

Daniel, Samuel and me did _many_ attempts to compile a Windows version of
GCC 4.4.1 under MSYS and Cygwin, but none of them succeeded.
Of course, such efforts don't result in a visible outcome if they fail.

Now my last resort would be to try cross-compiling a Windows compiler under
a Linux host and that's what Daniel's point was all about. I'm trying to
find time for that in the next few days.
Note that I'm currently in my last year at secondary school, so I have
definitely less time than about two years ago. Apart from that, I'm
currently also busy with the server administration, regression testing
system, German foundation, etc. Don't know about you, but I deem these
issues at least as important as GCC 4.4.x.

Best regards,

Colin