I have a table with several encrypted attributes.  I'd like to add methods
to my RDBO for that table that can take cleartext for each of those fields
and set the encrypted value or get the cleartext for a field from the
current encrypted value.

In order to speed this up (I actually need to connect to an encryption
server to get the encryptons done so it's a relatively expensive operation)
I'd like to cache the currently known cleartext and ecncrypted values for
each attribute so I can do some sort of Orcish maneuver.

Is there a place in an RDBO that I can use to stash this sort of information
that isn't supposed to get sent to the db on a save?  How could I make such
a scratchpad space myself?

-- Jeff Horn