On Dec 13, 2007 4:24 AM, Michael Lackhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I create a record with such a field, it is usually NULL but
> after some editing with the help of RHTMLO the empty field value could
> become '' when saved.

I believe the latest release of Rose::HTML::Objects fixed this bug for
Numeric fields.  That is, you should get undef for an empty Numeric
field instead of an empty string.  Does this bug exist in other field
types as well?

> To make life easier I created a custom field type in RHTMLO that changes
> '' to undef/NULL where necessary but I wonder if there isn't a better
> way, like a RDBO parameter 'empty_sets_null' or 'false_sets_null' in a
> column definition.

Well, you could add an on_set trigger to all you columns to do this
for you, but if it's really just an HTML field issue, it's probably
better addressed there.

-John