On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM, John Ingram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the following packages:
>
>  Rose::DB::Object::MakeMethods
>  Rose::DB::Object::MakeMethods::Generic
>  Rose::DB::Object::MakeMethods::DateTime
>
>  ...I was surprised to find that $self->meta->handle_error is not being
>  used and there's a hardcoded Carp::croak instead.  Is that
>  intentional?  Am I missing something?  I'm happy to make the change
>  and send the patch... just want to make sure I'm not missing a good
>  reason for it first.

Exceptions are thrown unconditionally in situations that are beyond
the bounds of "graceful" error handling.  For example:

    Carp::croak "Error in generated code for method $name - [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

When something like that happens, you need to know immediately :)  If
there are some specific cases of unconditional croak() that you think
should be handled by meta->handle_error, list them so we can discuss
them.

-John