On Saturday 04 November 2006 6:28 pm, Chris Cannam wrote:

> Well, pure fixes might be better made in both (with the old tree for any
> 1.4.1 bugfix release).  But it doesn't have to be the same person who
> ports the fixes across as who makes them in the first place.

Well, there is that.  I should probably go do that, but then I am also coming
back around to the same old problem with my event filter.  It was copied from
Cakewalk, and it could be so much better if it were tossed out the window and
redesigned from the ground up to make more sense as a part of Rosegarden.

Maybe I'll finally suck it up and do that for the next release, while I have
to go fix it anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to go fix some trivial things in the old tree and leave it
up to one of you real programmers to go from there.

> Yeah, agreed.  It's a surprisingly big job though.

I half think we ought to hold off on the bit by bit examination until I have a
chance to think about redoing the menus again.  I totally hate our menus.
Things that seemed like a good idea two years ago have turned out to be utter
bullshit in actual use.

For the moment though I need to go finish working on a painting with my
daughter.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/