On Sat, Nov 14, 2015, at 01:55 PM, David Faure wrote:

> Right now they are fast, but over time they will grow, and you guys will
> get really annoyed at being slowed down in the edit-compile-run cycle by
> 1 minute of unit tests running.

If it takes more than a tenth as long to run as it does to build, then
it isn't a unit test. And if you're annoyed by a minute of tests
running, you're going to be far more annoyed by ten minutes of tests
building (which is there is also that question about whether to build
them or not). As long as everything is happening in-process it should be
quite reasonable to run the tests every time they're built, and when
there's no CI, it seems to me like a good idea from a practical point of
view as well.

(This is normal practice in some other projects I've worked on -- if the
tests aren't automatic you won't run them, so they're automatic. But
there are so many ways to slice this stuff and there certainly isn't any
firm common ground.)

Chris